Join Black People Who Hike and The STL Run Crew this Sunday, September 24, 2023 for our first-ever COMM(UNITY) Trail Run Powered by Rails to Trails.
You can run it, you can walk it, or you can hike it! This is a family friendly 2-3 mile trail in Valley Park.
What to expect:
- 8:30 AM -Meet-up/Check-in All attendees must check in and the FIRST 100 people will receive a swag bag with limited edition merch. Meet in the parking lot of 8 Meramec Station Rd, Valley Park, MO 63088.
- 9 AM – Run/Walk/Hike Begins
- 11AM – Lunch from Bougie Bites will be provided at the conclusion of the run.
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complimentary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (layer up, avoiding cotton), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, running shoes or sneakers with good traction – We suggest wearing layers to keep up with the changing temps until your body warms up in the morning coolness.
- Location: Meramec Greenway Trailhead located at 8 Meramec Station Rd, Valley Park, MO 63088) Please look the location up the night before and give yourself plenty of travel time.
- Time: Meetup at 8:30 AM sharp.
- Weather Update: High 78F, low of 63 partly cloudy
- Level of Expertise: Beginner to moderate: this trail is a mostly paved trail that runs parallel to the Mississippi river.
- Mandatory Waivers: Everyone must sign a waiver. Waivers must be completed prior to arriving at the park. If you have not signed a 2023 Covid and Liability waiver please do so now. Click here for the COVID waiver https://forms.gle/AxMijKtPGMAsJRkp7 Click here for the Liability waiver https://forms.gle/v7XMk8WEGGKRLXpPA.
- Food & Beverage: Drinks, snacks, and lunch will be provided.
- Limited Edition Merchandise: The first 100 people will receive a swag bag to include limited merchandise.
About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday activities include bicycling, skiing, and zip-lining. We have new people who join each week who are new to these various activities, and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! You can also follow us on Facebook here!
Black People Who Hike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Meramec Greenway Trailhead
8 Meramec Station Rd
Valley Park, Missouri 63088, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Sep 24, 2023, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CT