Sunday, March 20th, marks the Vernal Equinox, the start of Spring, and the International Day of Happiness!
Join us to experience being free in the natural world. Come for the views, enjoy the laughter, celebrate the season of revival and leave feeling reinvigorated.
This hike is for intermediate-level hikers. Beginners that are ok with the 4 mile length could enjoy it also! Hikers will likely enjoy the Trail even more with supportive and sturdy ankle boots.
You don’t want to miss this fantastic leap into a new season. It’s going to be awesome!
What to expect:
- 9:00 AM -Meet-up at the upper lot near the bathrooms and picnic shelter. Don Robinson Rd, Cedar Hills, MO (near Eureka, MO according to AllTrails) (coordinates to search: 38.39116, -90.69389) Please note two parking lots – one lower, directly adjacent to the trailhead, and the second upper lot. We will meet at the upper lot.
- 9:15 AM – Welcome & Intros. Our events are part hike and part photoshoot 😉
- 9:30 AM – Stretches. If you arrive late, we’ll be stretching atop a small hill directly connected to the upper parking lot. You shouldn’t miss us.
- 9:45 AM – Hike. Sandstone Canyon Trail at Don Robinson State Park.
- 1pm – Completion.
BPWH will not provide transportation.
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complimentary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (layer up, avoiding cotton), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction – NO VANS. Mittens, rain jacket, or emergency poncho (just in case). Your favorite plant-based snack: fresh fruit, nuts, granola bars etc. We suggest wearing layers to keep up with the changing temps until your body warms up in the morning coolness.
- Location: Don Robinson State Park, Sandstone Canyon Trail. Please be on time and meet us at the upper parking lot at Don Robinson Rd, Cedar Hills, MO (near Eureka, MO according to AllTrails) (coordinates to search: 38.39116, -90.69389) at 9:00 AM. Please look the location up the night before and give yourself plenty of travel time.
- Time: Meetup at 9:00 AM sharp.
- Weather: Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 69F. 5% chance of rain.
- Level of Expertise: Intermediate. This is a moderately strenuous 4-mile hike.
- Social Distancing: *All participants must register. Walk-ups will not be allowed. Space is very limited to ensure social distancing measures and masks are required. All participants will be required to sign COVID waivers
- Waivers: Everyone must sign a waiver. Waivers must be completed prior to arriving at the park. If you have not signed a 2022 Covid and Liability waiver please do so now. Click here for the covid waiver https://forms.gle/x8dPDw1pHbNXjvVd7 Click here for the Liability waiver https://forms.gle/wBKSRUMaMrMBXPyMA
- Food: BPWH provides light snacks to include Natures Bakery bars and water to all attendees. Although we provide a light snack, you should pack extra for your comfort and needs. Please make sure to pack healthy snacks for the hike such as granola, beef jerky, dried fruit, as well as extra water. Snacks and water are a critical part of the hiker’s diet. We will be burning calories along the way so snacks are a great way to keep your engine running.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing, and zip-lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike!
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Sandstone Canyon Trail at Don Robinson State Park
9275 Byrnesville Rd
Cedar Hill, Missouri 63016, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Mar 20, 2022, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CT