Join us for Renew, Sunday March 21st. Spring Equionox takes place on March 20th and is the time when the earth experiences the same amount of sunlight as darkness. Following the equinox light is leading and ancient civilizations have recognized this change as an opportunity to cleanse and renew their spirits. This is the astrological new year and we are bringing all love, light and hiking into the new year. Clear your mind and prepare to embrace positive change that will manifest on this day. Continue reading below for everything that you need to know about our hike for Sunday!
- Our Hike: The trail we will be hiking is 4 mile loop that is rated easy to moderate. The elevation gain roughly 500 feet. The trail runs includes cool canyons and possible waterfalls depending on how much rain we get this week. The hike should take about 3 hours and conclude by 12pm
- Meet Up: 8:30am sharp At Don Robinson State Park. The exact trail head will be texted to you Saturday morning along with two waivers that will need to be electronically signed. Welcomes will start at 8:45am with the hike immediately following. If you arrive past the time it will be your responsibility to catch up to the group. Please continue below to register.
- Things to Bring/Must Haves: comfortable clothes, comfortable shoes (hiking shoes/boots or sneakers with good traction) a jacket and water. It is important to hike in comfortable shoes whether those are hiking boots or sneakers. If you are wearing sneakers I wouldn’t recommend wearing your nicest ones as they may get dirty. Dress warm and layer up! You will want to dress in three layers. Your base layer should not be cotton. Your second layer could be a hoodie or warm long sleeve shirt and your top layer something to break the wind. Where a hat to protect from the sun and bugs. Glovesand ear warmers are optional. and jacket that you can take off it warms up. You will also want to bring light snacks and a backpack to hold everything. I always recommend bringing an extra change of clothes, shoes and socks to keep in your car in case it is muddy. Additionally, a towel and wet wipes may be helpful.
- Optional Things to Bring: headphones, go pro, gloves, scarfs, ear warmers.
- What to Expect: The total hike should take about 3 hours with stops and we should wrap up around 12pm.. Throughout the hike we will stop for photos and rest breaks. There may not be any restrooms on the trail so you will want to stop prior to arriving. Is it possible that some areas of the trail may be muddy and dirty. Please dress accordingly. The trail is one big loop and will take us back to where we first started. Once we start the hike you will not have the opportunity to go back to your car to we finish. There are some old ruins which will look really cool in the snow!
- The environment: These hikes are meant to be relaxing, therapeutic, but physically challenging. We encourage being adventurous and having fun but we also encourage safety and respect for others. All ages are welcome to join in addition to friendly dogs on a leash,
- Weather: The forecast for Sunday is predicted at a high of 63 and low of 41. Dress in layers and bring a jacket that you can take off if you decide too once it warms up. Tall socks are always encouraged to keep rocks out of your shoes and protect from bugs and insects.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet every Sunday morning at a different location in the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing and zip lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike !
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Don Robinson State Park
9275 Byrnesville Rd
Cedar Hill, Missouri 63016, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Mar 21, 2021, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm CT