DECIDUOUS de·cid·u·ous. This is the falling off or shedding seasonally or at a certain stage of development in the life cycle. Deciduous trees are a tree that reaches maturity and then shed their leaves in preparation for new growth. We have so much in common with nature! Just like these trees it is also important for us to prepare for new opportunities. In order for us to make room for new growth in our lives it is imperative that we shed some of our old ways, people, and etc. Join us as we hike along these deciduous trees at Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park.
Sunday, November 14th we will be hiking Dogwood and Woodbine Trail. This is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Wildwood.
- What to expect: We meet up at 9am to check in, followed by introductions and a brief orientation, introductions, and stretch. The trail we will be hiking is 4.1 mile trail that is rated moderate. The elevation gain is 511 feet. The hike should take about 3-4 hours with stops.
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complimentary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (layer up, avoiding cotton with the first layer), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction -NO VANS, a hat, a mask, Rain jacket or emergency poncho (optional), Your favorite plant-based snack: fresh fruit, nuts, granola bars etc (optional as food will be provided). Be sure to LAYER UP!
- Location: DOGWOOD AND WOODBINE TRAIL . Please download the All Trails App and type in DOGWOOD AND WOODBINE TRAIL for the exact meetup location. This hike is located approximately 30- minute drive outside of St. Louis. The exact location will be provided upon registering. Please look the location up the night before and allow yourself plenty of time to get there!
- Time: Meetup at 9am. If you are late it is your responsibility to catch up to the group. We will not hold the group up. The drive is far. Please plan accordingly with timing.
- Level of Expertise: This is a moderate hike and proper shoes are highly recommended. We will be hiking on rocks and shoes with good traction and ankle support are needed. No flat shoes such as vans.
- Social Distancing: *All participants must register. Walk-ups will not be allowed. Space is very limited to ensure social distancing measures and masks are required. All participants will be required to sign COVID waivers
- Waivers: Everyone must sign a waiver. If you have not already signed BOTH our Covid Waiver and Liability Waiver please do so before arriving to help speed up the checkin process. Click here for the covid waiver https://forms.gle/ZueeExgTZGLK6H227 . Click here for the Liability waiver https://forms.gle/ynnxanLFjfJzgkr96 .
- Weather: This event is rain or shine. The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 62 degrees.
- Lunch: Please make sure to pack healthy snacks for the hike. Snacks are a critical part of our diet. We will be burning calories along the way so snacks are a great way to keep your engine running.
- About: Babler Memorial State Park is a state-managed public recreation area located in the northwest section of the city of Wildwood, Missouri. A large bronze statue of Dr. Babler greets park visitors. The state park’s 2,441 acres offer opportunities for hiking, picnicking, bicycling, horseback riding, and camping.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing and zip lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike !
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park
800 Guy Park Dr
wildwood , mo 63005, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Nov 14, 2021, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CT