BPWH is tapping into nature’s rich elements this week to curate a mindful hike that will RECHARGE your spirit. This Sunday April 11th we will be hiking a 3 mile trail at Mina Sauk Falls. Mina Sauk is a gem tucked away within the state of Missouri. It has mountain views, natural waterfalls and lush scenery.
*Lunch is complimentary with registration and we will be filming a portion of our Black People Who Hike Documentary Series.
- What to expect: We meet up at 9am to check in, followed by introductions and a brief orientation. We will hike 1.5 miles to the waterfall where we will hangout, encourage mindful practices and have lunch. Following we will hike the remaining 1.5 mile loop back and conclude by 12pm.
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complementary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (later up, avoiding cotton with the first layer), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction -NO VANS, a hat, a mask, Rain jacket or emergency poncho (optional), Your favorite plant-based snack: fresh fruit, nuts, granola bars etc (optional as food will be provided)
- Location: Mina Sauk Falls, Arcadia Township, MO. Approximately 90 minute drive outside of St. Louis. The exact location will be provided upon registering. Please look the location up the night before and allow yourself plenty of time to get there!
- Time: Meetup at 9am. If you are late it is your responsibility to catch up to the group. We will not hold the group up. The drive is far. Please plan accordingly with timing.
- Level of Expertise: This is a beginner to moderate hike however proper shoes are highly recommended. We will be hiking on rocks and shoes with good traction and ankle support are needed. No flat shoes such as vans.
- Social Distancing: *All participants must register. Walk ups will not be allowed. Space is very limited to ensure social distancing measures and masks are required. All participants will be required to sign COVID waivers
- Weather: This event is rain or shine. The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 72 and low of 48 degrees.
- Lunch: Lunch is catered and complimentary with registration.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing and zip lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike !
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.