Join us This Sunday August 23rd for a moderate hike!
- Location: Pere Marquette State Park, IL
- Great for intermediate hikers or adventurous beginners
- 5.9 mile hike
- Arrive 8:30am at Pere Marquette State Park
- Begin our hike at 9:00 a.m. sharp
- Conclude by 1:00 p.m.
- What to wear: breathable athletic attire, a hat
- Shoes/socks: you will want to wear hiking shoes/boots or sneakers with good traction. 2 layers of Tall socks are recommend to wear during hiking to avoid bug bites and rocks in your shoes
- What to bring: bug spray, sunscreen, a hat, healthy snacks to last 3-4 hours, at minimum of 1 liter of water, a backpack to carry everything and extra set of clothes, socks and shoes to keep in the car, rain jacket or emergency poncho, sunglasses (optional) and a positive attitude!
- Everyone will have to fill out a Covid waiver that will be emailed upon registration. The waiver will include information that will have to be disclosed such as if you or anyone in your household has been sick within the last 14 days. The waiver must be completed and returned prior to the hike. Masks are required to be worm upon arrival and anytime when a six foot distance can’t be kept (at checkin, group photos, snack breaks, etc). If you are spread out from your neighbor you will not have to wear the mask while hiking. Strict social distancing policies will be followed.
This is limited to the first 20 people to register
Once you register with your name and email you will receive additional details by email and be added to a group chat
*Disclaimer: Blackpeoplewhohike is not an event organizing company and assumes no liability for your safety. Upon registration you will receive a waiver emailed to you stating such.