Join us this Sunday November 1st for our second installment of COLORS! COLORS is a Pop Up Hike Series inspired by the natural hues of Autumn . Autumn is the absolute best time of year to go hiking! There are so many elements that elevate the already dope hiking experience! The changing COLORS of the trees, the crips air, and the bug free environment!
Join this weekend as the trees reach their peak Colors for a magnificent autumn hike!
- Location: Weldon Spring Conservation, MO ( exact location and trail head will be provided upon registration)
- Great for intermediate hikers. Beginner hikers can definitely hike this trail as well just keeping in mind the distance.
- Difficulty level: 5/10
- Arrive 8:30am at Weldon Spring Conservation Area
- Begin our hike at 9:00 a.m. sharp
- Conclude by 1:30 p.m.
- What to wear: breathable athletic attire, layer up With avoiding the first layer as cotton( cotton will make you colder), tall warm socks -(two layers of socks recommended for warm, comfort and to keep your feet dry if shoes get wet), gloves, ear warmers, a hat and a warm jacket that you can take on your off as needed.
- Shoes/socks: you will want to wear hiking shoes/boots. 2 layers of Tall socks are recommend to wear during hiking to keep you warm, comfortable and dry. Also helps keep rocks out of your shoes.
- What to bring: a hat, a packed lunch and healthy snacks to last 4 hours, ( we will stop for 20 minutes to eat) at minimum of 1 liter of water, a backpack to carry everything and extra set of clothes, socks and shoes to keep in the car, rain jacket or emergency poncho, sunglasses (optional), a trekking pole of you have one and a positive attitude!
- Everyone will have to fill out a Covid waiver that will be emailed upon registration. The waiver will include information that will have to be disclosed such as if you or anyone in your household has been sick within the last 14 days. The waiver must be completed. Masks are required to be worm upon arrival and anytime when a six foot distance can’t be kept (at checkin, group photos, snack breaks, etc). If you are spread out from your neighbor you will not have to wear the mask while hiking. Strict social distancing policies will be followed and temperatures will be taken upon arrival.
- About our hike at Weldon Springs: This trail is very wooded and scenic with bluff views and an overlook of the Missouri river. There is a 5 mile and 8 mile trail. Everyone will have the option of doing trail short or long.
This is limited to the first 20 people to register
Once you register with your name and email you will receive additional details by email
*Disclaimer: Blackpeoplewhohike is not an event organizing company and assumes no liability for your safety. Upon registration you will receive a waiver emailed to you stating such.