As you may have heard live on FOX 2 News, BPWH will be hiking Weldon Springs on Sunday October 17,2021 and YOU ALL ARE INVITED! That’s right, we are inviting you to hike and do some fall “leaf peeping” with us. Leaf peeping is the activity in which people travel to view and photograph the fall foliage in areas where leaves change colors in autumn. Leaf peeping-season usually peaks from mid to late October, depending on the weather. We can’t wait to see you there!
Sunday October 17th we will be hiking Weldon Spring/Lewis and Clark Trail. This is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop in St. Charles, Missouri.
- What to expect: We meet up at 9am to check in, followed by introductions and a brief orientation, introductions, and stretch.
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complimentary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (later up, avoiding cotton with the first layer), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction -NO VANS, a hat, a mask, Rain jacket or emergency poncho (optional), Your favorite plant-based snack: fresh fruit, nuts, granola bars etc (optional as food will be provided)
- Location: Lewis and Clark Trail. Please download the All Trails App and type in LEWIS AND CLARK TRAIL AND CLARK TRAIL LOOP for the exact meetup location. This hike is located approximately 40 minute drive outside of St. Louis. The exact location will be provided upon registering. Please look the location up the night before and allow yourself plenty of time to get there!
- Time: Meetup at 9am. If you are late it is your responsibility to catch up to the group. We will not hold the group up. The drive is far. Please plan accordingly with timing.
- Level of Expertise: This is a beginner to moderate hike however proper shoes are highly recommended. We will be hiking on rocks and shoes with good traction and ankle support are needed. No flat shoes such as vans.
- Social Distancing: *All participants must register. Walk-ups will not be allowed. Space is very limited to ensure social distancing measures and masks are required. All participants will be required to sign COVID waivers
- Waivers: Everyone must sign a waiver. If you have not already signed BOTH our Covid Waiver and Liability Waiver please do so before arriving to help speed up the checkin process. Click here for the covid waiver https://forms.gle/ZueeExgTZGLK6H227 . Click here for the Liability waiver https://forms.gle/ynnxanLFjfJzgkr96 .
- Weather: This event is rain or shine. The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 84 and low of 68 degrees.
- Lunch: Please make sure to pack healthy snacks for the hike. Snacks are a critical part of our diet. We will be burning calories along the way so snacks are a great way to keep your engine running.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing and zip lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike !
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Lewis and Clark Trail
7394 MO 94
Saint Charles , Mo 63304, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CT