Join us This Sunday July 19 th as we Kayak the Big River . This is a 2.5 mile hike + 7 mile float which can be great for intermediate kayakers and hikers.
- Location: Washington State Park, MO
- 2.5 mile hike + 7 mile kayak trip
- Arrive 8:30am at Washington State Park
- Begin our hike at 9am sharp
- Check in for kayaking at 10:30am
- Get on the bus at 11am
- Arrive on water by 11:30am
- Conclude by 4pm
- kayaks and life jackets are included
- what to wear: breathable athletic or swim clothes or combination of both
- what to bring: sunscreen, bug spray, a hat, sun glasses, snacks, water, refreshments, a small cooler, waterproof phone case/bag, bungee cords, water shoes or old sneakers, a towel, an poncho or rain coat, a change of clothes, no glass bottles, waterproof speaker (optional), go pro or waterproof camera (optional), a bag to carry your belongs-waterproof recommended, BYOB drinks and food.
- All items on your kayak should be clipped together. You may want to bring clips. Don’t bring anything with you that you wouldn’t want to lose. If you are not driving, leave your keys in someone else’s car. It is very possible that you may flip and and all of your belongings can be carried down river if not connected to kayak.
- For hiking: you will want to wear hiking shoes/boots or sneakers with good traction. Once you get ready to kayak you can switch into water shoes. Tall socks are recommend to wear during hiking to avoid bug bites and rocks in your shoes. For kayaking you will most likely want to shorts and keep in mind tan lines
- Everyone will have to fill out a Covid waiver that will be emailed upon registration. The waiver will include information that will have to be disclosed such as if you or anyone in your household has been sick within the last 14 days. The waiver must be completed and returned prior to the hike. Masks are required to be worn and strict social distancing policies will be followed.
To join us register as a kayaker and then Cash App $40 to $Blackpeoplewhohike
- Your $40 covers the price of 1 single sit on top kayak
This is limited to the first 15 people to register and pay $40 via Cash App to $Blackpeoplewhohike. Money and registration is needed no later than 12pm Saturday July 18th.
Once you register with your name and email you will receive additional details by email and be added to a group chat
*Disclaimer: Blackpeoplewhohike is not an event organizing company and assumes no liability for your safety. Upon registration you will receive a waiver emailed to you stating such.
Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites
13041 State Highway 104
De Soto, Missouri 63020, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Jul 19, 2020, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm CT