Join us This Sunday August 9th as we Kayak the Courtois Creek. This is a 5 mile float which can be great for beginner to intermediate kayakers.
For your safety and the safety of others, we kindly request that all participants are comfortable in the water and/or have kayaked before.
- Location: Courtois Creek, Steeleville MO
- 5 mile kayak trip
- Arrive 8:15 at Ozarks Outdoor Resort.
- Get on the bus at 9am
- Arrive on water 9:30am
- Conclude no later than 4pm
- kayaks and life jackets are included
- what to wear: breathable athletic or swim clothes
- what to bring: sunscreen, bug spray, a hat, sun glasses, breakfast, lunch, and snacks, lots of water (freezing some is recommended), refreshments, a small cooler, waterproof phone case/bag, bungee cords, water shoes or old sneakers, a towel, a change of clothes, ABSOLUTELY no glass bottles, waterproof speaker (optional), go pro or waterproof camera (optional), a bag to carry your belongings (waterproof recommended). Two small bag coolers or one medium should do.
- All items on your kayak should be clipped together. You may want to bring clips. Don’t bring anything with you that you wouldn’t want to lose. If you are not driving, leave your keys in someone else’s car. It is very possible that you may flip and and all of your belongings can be carried down river if not connected to kayak.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a Covid waiver that will be emailed upon registration. The waiver will include information that will have to be disclosed such as if you or anyone in your household has been sick within the last 14 days. The waiver must be completed and returned prior to the hike. Masks are required to be worn and strict social distancing policies will be followed.
To join us register as a kayaker and then cash app $40 to $Blackpeoplewhohike
- Your $40 includes 1 single sit on top kayak.
This is limited to the first 20 people to register and pay. Money and registration is needed no later than 12pm Saturday August 8th..
Once you register with your name and email you will receive additional details by email and be added to a group chat
*Disclaimer: Blackpeoplewhohike is not an event organizing company and assumes no liability for your safety. Upon registration you will receive a waiver emailed to you stating such.
Ozark Outdoors Lane
Leasburg, Missouri 65535, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Aug 9, 2020, 8:15 am - 3:00 pm CT