Black People Who Hike and Black Too Earth are teaming up to host the Black Businesses Matter Hike for a 2nd year in a row in Atlanta, GA! The focus of this two day event is to bring awareness to local black owned businesses and encourage more outdoor recreation amongst the black community!
Sunday October 3rd @ Cascade Springs
- Location: Cascade Springs Nature Preserve, Atlanta, Georgia
- Date: Sunday October 3rd
- 10am est Checkin
- 10:15am est- Welcome and Intros
- 10:30am est-Hike
- 12:00-1:00pm est-Shop and network with local black businesses who will be vending on-site!
- Capacity: Space is limited to the first 50 people allow for social distancing
- Refreshments: water and trail snacks will be provided complimentary
- Lunch: Lunch will be catered by Chef Eboni of @cookingatlanta . You have the option to purchase lunch with your registration.
- Raffle Prizes: All attendees will be entered into a Raffle prizes for various prizes
- Social Distancing: Masks will be required to be worn when a 6 feet distance can not be kept. All participants will be required to sign a covid waiver and have their temperatures taken upon arrival. Click HERE to sign the Covid Waiver
- Hike: We will be hiking a 2 mile trail at the beautiful Cascade Springs Nature Preserve which includes a moderate amount of incline and a waterfall
- Shop: Upon conclusion of the hike all participants will have the opportunity to shop and network with local black businesses who will be vending on-site.
- Vendors: There will be an array of black businesses to shop and network with. Some of the businesses that will be vending include:
- Waivers: Everyone is required to sign two electronic waivers. You may do so here
- Liability Waiver- Click HERE to sign it.
- Covid Waiver- Click HERE to sign it.
- Parking: parking is free and there is two large lots to park in when you arrive in the park.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes , a jacket, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction -NO VANS, a hat, a mask, Rain jacket or emergency poncho, sun glasses.
- T-Shirts: Black People Who Hike and Black Too Earth have teamed up to offer an exclusive “Black Businesses Matter” t-shirts. You may purchase a t-shirt during registration.
- Weather: This event is RAIN OR SHINE
- Level of Expertise: This is a great hike for beginner to intermediate hikers. All are welcome to join, but proper footing is recommended- hiking shoes or sneakers with good traction.
- Cost: This event is free, but donations are encouraged
*All participants must register. Space is very limited and due to Covid-19 walk ups will not be allowed to attend.
About Black People Who Hike: was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! Their mission is to empower, educate and reengage black people to the outdoors. They are a St. Louis based organization that meets up twice a month on Sundays at various locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing and zip lining. They encourage first time hikers or individuals new to the outdoors. This group is all about new experiences and this is a safe space! Follow them on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike and on Facebook at @Blackpeoplewhohike !
About Black Too Earth: @Blacktooearth is an Atlanta based organization whose mission is to connect black people to environmental organizations through site visits and volunteer opportunities. They strive to inspire and celebrate the community while investing in underrepresented organizations. Their activities aim to foster stewardship, community and intentional consuming amongst our participants. You can follow them on Instagram at @Blacktooearth!
*Black People Who Hike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Cascade Springs Nature Preserve
Cascade Rd SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30311, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Oct 3, 2021, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm ET