This Sunday we are opening up our hiking season by celebrating where we began! In the 314! Happy 314 weekend fam!
Join us this Sunday, March 13th for a moderate 3.1 mile hike at Castlewood State Park.
Come out and rep your city in your favorite STL gear!
We will start at 9:00 AM sharp!
Please review the following to enjoy your time on the trail:
- Registration: All attendees are required to register. Everything included with this hike is complimentary, but donations are encouraged.
- What to wear/pack: water, breathable athletic clothes (layer up, avoiding cotton), a jacket or sweatshirt, a backpack to hold all of your belongings, hiking boots or shoes with good traction -NO VANS, a hat, gloves, and emergency poncho (optional).
- Location: CASTLEWOOD STATE PARK. Please navigate to CASTLEWOOD STATE PARK: 1401 Kiefer Creek Rd, Ballwin, MO 63021.. This event is located approximately 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis, MO. Please look up the location the night before and allow yourself plenty of time to arrive. We recommend using the ALL TRAILS app for precise navigation. Open ALL TRAILS and type in Castlewood State Park and choose RIVER SCENE TRAIL LOOP.
- Time: Please arrive promptly at 9:00 AM for check-in. Afterward, we will have our Welcome & Introductions at 9:15 AM, followed by stretches at 9:30 AM and we will hit the trail by 9:45 AM SHARP.
- Weather: The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 62 and a low of 32 degrees. Make sure to layer up with gloves, moisture-wicking, tightly fitted undergarments, a hat, and anything else you need to stay warm.
- Level of Expertise: This is an easy/intermediate hike. There are steep inclines and lots of elevation. Proper hiking boots are necessary. Running shoes with no grips will make the hike difficult.
- Social Distancing: *All participants must register. All participants will be required to sign COVID waivers
- Waivers: Everyone must sign a waiver. If you have not already signed BOTH our Covid Waiver and Liability Waiver please do so before arriving to help speed up the checkin process. Click here for the covid waiver https://forms.gle/TsfWTt6DesDKqbzf7 . Click here for the Liability waiver https://forms.gle/MiDW2nYvzjXq7jLY6
- Food: Light snacks and water will be provided at the start of the hike, and it is suggested that you pack extra to be on the safe side. Please make sure to pack healthy snacks like nuts, nuts butter, dehydrated fruits, protein bars, veggies, beef jerky, etc. for the hike. We will be burning calories along the way so snacks are a great way to keep your engine running.
- About Us: @blackpeoplewhohike was created to inspire people of color to step out of their comfort zones and get active outside! We meet up twice a month on Sunday mornings at different locations within the St. Louis area. Current Sunday Funday activities have included hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, and hot yoga! Future Sunday Funday actives include bicycling, skiing, and zip-lining. We have new people that join each week who are new to these various activities and we welcome that! This group is all about new experiences! We are on Instagram at @blackpeoplewhohike. If you are not already following us, please do so here! @Blackpeoplewhohike You can also follow us on Facebook here @Blackpeoplewhohike !
@Blackpeoplewhohike is a group of friends and perspective friends who enjoy hiking and other activities together. It is not a professional event planning or guide service that assumes any responsibility for your safety.
Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites
1401 Kiefer Creek Rd
Ballwin, Missouri 63021, United States (US)
Date and Time
Sun, Mar 13, 2022, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CT